Boomeo Leaderboard Official Rules
Please click on the sections below to learn more about our Boomeo Leaderboard Official Rules:
• Promotion Summary, Eligibility
• Promotion Period
• How to Enter the Promotion
• How to Play and Winner Determination
• Prizes & Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”)
• Entrant Verification
• Winner Notification, Prize Delivery
• No Substitution
• Time of Delivery
• LIMIT ONE (1) PRIZE PER PERSON/EMAIL ADDRESS/BOOMEO ACCOUNT/STEAM ACCOUNT/LEADERBOARD CATEGORY
• Winner Validation
• Disqualification, Forfeiture
• Modifications, Suspensions and Termination
• Changes to Rules
• For Residents of the United Kingdom and Germany Only
• Release & Waiver
• Privacy, Data Protection
• Opt-Out Rights
• Choice of Law and Jurisdiction
• Severability & Conflicts
• Winners’ List
• Promotion Administrator
1. Promotion Summary, Eligibility: The Boomeo Leaderboard Contest (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, Canada (excluding Quebec), Germany, and the United Kingdom (collectively the “Territories”) who are the age of majority or older and located in their Territory at the time of entry, who own a copy of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and who have become a member of the Boomeo community.
IMG Esports, LLC (“Sponsor”), SweepstakesPros (“Promotion Administrator”) and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, retailers, sales representatives, dealers, distributors, licensees and the advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the development and administration of this Promotion and each of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, “Promotion Parties”), their immediate family members and persons living in the same households of each (whether related or not) are not eligible.
This promotion is subject to all applicable laws and is void outside the Territory and where prohibited by law. Proof of residency and age may be required. Any persons who are determined to be less than the age of majority will not be awarded a prize even if they are selected as a winner.
2. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at 12:00 a.m. U.S. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 1st, 2017 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on August 31st, 2017. ET corresponds to European Central Time (ECT) minus six hours; in Germany, therefore, the Promotion begins at 06:00 a.m. ECT on July 31st, 2017 and ends at 17:59 p.m. ECT on August 31st, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”).
3. How to Enter the Promotion: Prior to entering the Promotion you must (1) own the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (“CS:GO”) game (which, for eligible Canadian residents, must have been purchased on, or before, August 1st 2017 ]) and (2) have a Steam account. (You may create a free Steam account here: https://store.steampowered.com/join/). To enter and become a “Player,” during the Promotion Period, follow these steps (the “Game”):
- Visit Boomeo.com (the “Website”);
- Locate and click the “PLAY” button on the Website;
- Sign in to the Boomeo community using your Steam account (you may join Boomeo for free or purchase a premium account);
- Select your game mod and map (or alternately, visit https://www.boomeo.com/csgo-server-list/, to select an address for a game mod and map, and then enter the address into the CS:GO game);
- Click Join server;
- Click Play to play using CS:GO.
LIMIT ONE (1) BOOMEO ACCOUNT PER PERSON/EMAIL ADDRESS/STEAM ACCOUNT. Any standard connection to the Internet is sufficient to enter and play on the Website.
4. How to Play and Winner Determination:To enter and play, Players must: 1) play the Game in order to archive scores in the following categories and 2) during the Promotion Period have a minimum of 600 total frags that have occurred from at least 20 unique players in the Game. The Categories are:
- Category 1 – Total Number of Frags (Kills).
- Category 2 – Total Number Head Shot.
- Category 3 – # of Frags per Minute.
The top three (3) Players in each Category who receive the highest scores in their Category on the Boomeo leaderboard (which can be found at the Website) shall be deemed winners. The Player with the highest score in each Category shall be the grand prize winner in each category. The Player with the second highest score in each Category shall be the first prize winner in each Category. The Player with the third highest score in each Category shall be the 2nd prize winner in each Category. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by the Player with the most amount of time playing the Game during the Promotion Period.
All entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned except as provided herein. Entries which are incomplete, incorrect, incomprehensible, not received, or do not otherwise comply with these Official Rules will not be entered into the Promotion. Entries made by facsimile, regular mail, courier, third party entry service, automated means, or in any other manner not specifically allowed under these Official Rules will not be entered into the Promotion and may result in disqualification. You are not a winner until your prize claim is validated and you receive official written notification from the Sponsor or the Promotion Administrator.
5. Prizes & Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Nine (9) Prizes shall be awarded (3 prizes in each of the 3 categories shall be awarded). Three (3) Grand Prizes: A CS:GO skin (ARV:$(Up to) 200 USD). Three (3) First Prizes: A CS:GO skin (ARV:$(Up to)150 USD). Three (3) Second Prizes: A CS:GO skin (ARV:$(Up to)50 USD). Each winner will receive the prize via the Steam account used to register for membership on the Boomeo site. Total ARV of all prizes in this Promotion is $(Up to)1,200 USD. Prize(s) must be accepted as awarded. All characteristics and features of the prize(s) except as otherwise explicitly stated above are at the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion.
6. Entrant Verification: In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the Steam account submitted. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a Steam account by Valve Corporation. The Promotion Administrator reserves the right to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Promotion Administrator – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) for any reason the Promotion Administrator deems necessary, in its sole discretion, for the purposes of administering this Promotion in accordance with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the complete satisfaction of the Promotion Administrator within the timeline specified by the Promotion Administrator may result in disqualification by the Promotion Administrator, in its sole discretion.
7. Winner Notification, Prize Delivery: The winners will be notified on or around one (1) week after the Promotion Period via the winners’ Twitter, Discord and/or Steam accounts (if such accounts have been registered on Website), via email and/or a notification may be displayed on the Website upon each winning Player’s login. If any winner is not able, for any reason, to accept a prize, or cannot be contacted within 14 days of notification, the Sponsor reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant. All prizes will be delivered to the winner’s Steam account used to enter the Promotion and play the Game.
8. No Substitutions: No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of prizes is permitted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion or as provided herein. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
9. Taxes: Except for winners from the United Kingdom and Germany, all applicable federal, state and local taxes, and all other costs associated with acceptance or use of the prize(s), are the sole responsibility of the winner(s).
10. Time of Delivery: Arrangements for delivery of prize(s) will be made after winner validation.
11. LIMIT ONE (1) PRIZE PER PERSON/EMAIL ADDRESS/BOOMEO ACCOUNT/STEAM ACCOUNT/LEADERBOARD CATEGORY.
12. Winner Validation: All potential winners will each be contacted by telephone, email, regular mail, overnight mail, Twitter, Discord, Steam, in the Game, or by other methods and may be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit or declaration of eligibility, a liability release, tax forms (where applicable) and where lawful, a publicity release within a stated amount of time.
13. Disqualification, Forfeiture: Any of the following may result in disqualification of a winner and forfeiture of the corresponding prize, and the choosing of an alternate winner: (a) the return of any notification as undeliverable, (b) failure of a winner to respond to notices or return any required documents or information within 14 days , (c) a determination that a potential winner is ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, as determined solely by the Promotion Administrator, or (d) if any winner is not able, for any reason, to accept a prize. By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by the Official Rules and decisions of the independent Promotion Administrator, which shall be final in all matters relating to the Promotion.
14. Limitations: Save that in the UK and Germany, nothing in these terms shall exclude or limit any of the Promotion Parties’ liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or loss caused by a false statement where the statement is made fraudulently or any other matters for which it cannot, under English or German law, respectively, exclude or limit its liability (liability for which the Promotion Parties accept fully), Promotion Parties are not responsible for: (i) electronic or digital transmissions or entries that are lost, late, corrupted, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected or for non-delivered or postage-due mail; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation of transmission, communication failures (including but not limited to failures or malfunctions of phone lines, telephone systems or other communications systems), destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, or for printing, distribution or production errors; (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions; (iv) damage to entrants’ or any person’s computer; (v) causes beyond Promotion Parties’ reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion; (vi) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (vii) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising related to the Promotion, in the administration or execution of the Promotion, or in the announcement/notification of prize winners; (viii) by any human, or other error, which may occur in this Promotion or (ix) cheating or fraud by any participant. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be void and disqualified. Except in the case of willful misconduct or negligence by the Promotion Parties, the Promotion Parties shall not be held liable for any postal delivery issues or delays.
15. Modifications, Suspensions and Termination: If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor or Promotion Administrator that corrupt or affect the security, administration, integrity, fairness or proper conduct of this Promotion, or if this Promotion is compromised or becomes corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Promotion Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void suspect entries/entrants and/or modify, suspend and/or terminate this Promotion.
16. Changes to Rules: Any changes or amendments to the Promotion will be posted in these Official Rules. If the Promotion is terminated before the stated end date of the Promotion Period, the Promotion Administrator may select the winners from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the time/date of termination using the judging procedures listed in these Official Rules.
17. Disqualifications: Promotion Administrator reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process, who acts in a disruptive or unfair manner (including cheating, exploits, any method of illegitimate farming, or other similar system), or who attempts to enter using any automatic or programmed entry method, or any entry service including the use of BOTS. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY CORRUPT OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND/OR PROMOTION ADMINISTRATOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
18. For Residents of the United Kingdom and Germany Only: To the extent that English or German law is applied to the Promotion or any dispute arising in relation thereto, this Section 18 shall apply. So far as is permitted by law, the Promotion Parties and their associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from:
- any postponement or cancellation of the Promotion, and
- any changes to, supply of (including, without limitation, prizes which do not reach the intended recipient), or use of the prize, and
- any act or default of any third party supplier which are beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit any party’s liability for (i) death or personal injury arising out of such party’s negligence, or (ii) for fraud.
19. Release & Waiver: By participating in this Promotion, entrants agree (a) to the maximum extent permitted by law, that all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless Promotion Parties from and against any and all claims, liability, loss, injuries or damages associated with (i) participation in this Promotion (except where such liability, loss, injury or damage is the consequence of a willful breach of these Official Rules or applicable law by the Promotion Party held responsible) or (ii) the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize received in this Promotion. By participating in this Promotion, entrants waive all rights to claim punitive, indirect, incidental and consequential damages, attorneys’ fees or any damages other than actual out-of-pocket costs incurred to participate, except where such rights cannot be restricted under compulsory laws applicable to an entrant.
20. Publicity: Except where prohibited, acceptance of a prize constitutes entrant’s permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winners’ names, voices and/or likenesses for purposes of advertising and publicity in all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without additional compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law.
21. Privacy, Data Protection:
22. Opt-Out Rights
: Entrants who have submitted personal information for this Promotion have the right opt-out of this Promotion or to access, withdraw, and correct their personal data submitted for this Promotion at any time by sending an email request to [email protected]
which includes “Boomeo Leaderboard Contest” in the email subject.
23. Choice of Law and Jurisdiction: Subject to the qualification in the last sentence of this Clause 23, this Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state and local laws in the United States and is governed by the laws applicable in the State of New York, United States of America. Subject to the qualification in the last sentence of this Clause 23, by entering, entrants irrevocably consent to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of New York located in the county of New York for any action, suit or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Promotion. The above choice of law and jurisdiction is subject to compulsory laws in a participant’s country of residence which may give the participant the right to file claims before the courts of that country and deny jurisdiction of a US court, and may provide that some laws of that country prevail in respect to this Promotion over US law.
24. Severability & Conflicts: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion-related materials or made by any representative of Sponsor or Promotion Administrator, and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
25. Winners’ List: https://www.boomeo.com. The winners’ list will be available after winner validation has been completed.
26. : IMG Esports, LLC, [11 Madison Avenue, 17th Floor • New York, NY 10010 ]. Mail-in entries are not accepted at this address.
27. Promotion Administrator: The Promotion is administered and judged by SweepstakesPros, P.O. Box 18404, San Jose, CA 95158. Mail-in entries are not accepted at this address.
: If you have any question or issues concerning this Promotion, please send an email to [email protected]
and include “Boomeo Leaderboard Contest” in the email subject.
All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners. The manufacturers of the prizes offered in this Promotion do not sponsor or endorse this Promotion and are not affiliated with the Sponsor or Promotion Administrator in any way.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Valve Corporation. You understand that you are providing your information for this Promotion to Sponsor and not to Valve Corporation.